Duties of the Academic Board
- Developing the policies and procedures to ensure academic quality and rigour such as:
- Ensuring that the content and duration of the modules or subjects, as well as the entry and graduation requirements of the course are appropriate; and
- Approving the deployment of teachers based on the requirements stipulated by the CPE
- Facilitating the PEI to implement and comply with the policies and procedures developed; and
- Reviewing, at least once a year, the academic policies and procedures.
As a founder of Nanyang Academy, Chen Ye holds a Post-Grad Diploma in Education from National Institute of Education (NIE) and an Electrical Engineering Degree in National University of Singapore (NUS). Chen Ye has solid teaching background including teaching Mathematics and Physics in Raffles Girls’ School (RGS), Nanhua School. She is also a founder of Future Academy and has managed the school for four years.
Jason Lau holds a Master Degree in Science (Statistics), National University of Singapore, a Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Secondary Education) National Institute of Education and also a Bachelor Degree in Science (Mathematics) Honours, National University of Singapore. With twenty years working experience in education industry, he is also the former Head of Mathematics Department (HOD) of Hwa Chong Institution which is the prestigious college and now he is also principal tutor at Future Academy.
Holding master degree in Engineering, with 13 years working experience in IT and education industry.